What is the Chapter 2 Campaign?
The Chapter 2 Campaign is our opportunity to make a difference in the lives of West Michigan. The purpose of this campaign is to encourage our people to grow in their faith, without pressure or coercion. As a result, God will use each of us to accomplish His will for His church.
What is the plan?
There are six initiatives to the campaign:
- New Worship Center
- Less Debt = More Hope
- Sports & Wellness Complex
- Multiple Daybreak Campuses
- Global Evangelism Strategy
- 24/7 Online Church
What is the calendar of events?
03.02 Campaign Kickoff 03.05 Worship & Prayer Event 03.09-23 Family Devotions 03.09-29 Small Group Studies 03.18-20 All-Church Desserts 03.24-28 Family Conferences 03.28-29 24 Hour Prayer Service 03.30 Commitment Weekend 04.06 Celebration Sunday
What are the costs of the projects?
A new Worship Center at $6.5 M. Debt reduction of $2.5 M. A Sports and Wellness Complex renovation of $0.5 Mi. Multiple Daybreak Campuses at $0.3 M. Global Evangelism for $0.1 M and a 24/7 Online Church for $0.1 Million.
What can I do to be a part of the faith journey?
You can begin now by praying to know and do God’s will concerning your commitment to this project. Whatever He leads you to commit will be the right amount (II Cor. 8:11-14).
What about my regular tithe?
Your commitment to the Chapter 2 Campaign should be an amount God leads you to give over and above your regular tithes and offerings. We must continue our present giving to the normal ministry so that our vital ministry operations will not be affected.
How should I give?
There are four ways to give:
- Celebration Sunday, April 6, 2014, each family is asked to bring your first portion of your commitment to the campaign. We encourage you to involve your entire family in determining a specific amount for the Celebration Offering.
- You can make a commitment on March 30, 2014. The giving period will last for three years, beginning April 6, 2014 and ending April 30, 2017. You can give far more when your commitment is spread out over time. You may choose to give weekly, quarterly, or even annually. Automated giving is available online at www.daybreak.tv/give.
- You can give a gift of assets. In addition to cash gifts, you may make your pledge of stocks, bonds, real estate, coins, etc. Call the church office for any assistance you may need.
- You can make the church a beneficiary in your will. There are many available tools that will allow you to leave an inheritance to the church as well as to your heirs. We can put you in contact with professionals in this area who can help you as you plan.
How will I know how much to give?
Pray daily and allow God to open your heart and direct you about your commitment. Through prayer, Bible study and utilizing the Family Devotional Guide during our month long spiritual journey together, you will know what to give. Reminder: Your gift to the Chapter 2 Campaign should be over and above your regular giving.
How long do I give?
You will receive a commitment card and be asked to indicate the amount you have been led by God to commit. We ask that everyone bring their first payment or the entire amount on Celebration Sunday. You can then give weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually or in a lump sum. Your commitment should be completed by April 30, 2017.
Will my contribution be made public?
Absolutely not. Only the total amount of all the commitments will be announced on Celebration Sunday.
How will I designate my commitment to the Campaign?
Online giving has a designation for the Chapter 2 Campaign at www.daybreak.tv/give. Our offering envelopes will have an area where you can indicate what part of your offering is for the Campaign.
How soon before we start?
Obviously, we need as much financial commitment as possible to go forward.
What if I have additional questions?
We have provided printed and online materials to help you make a spiritual decision; however, if you have further questions, please contact any Staff Director or Campaign Director, John Labarge, by simply calling the church office.
Daybreak / 3501 Baldwin
Hudsonville / MI / 49426